As Summer (slowly) creeps up, I'm looking forward to long-treasured rites of passage, as well as a few new ones. I'm planning on taking it as easy as possible this season. My boys are growing up so quickly and I want to savor my time with them. Here's the list of my simple and carefree Summer plans. Now if only the weather would cooperate...
* Watch fireworks at least once. Oohs and ahhs mandatory.
* Dance at an outdoor concert in a floaty maxi dress.
* Add to my playlist of Summery songs. #beachvibes
* Take a few road trips and blast said playlist.
* Learn how to make gazpacho. My Nan made a mean one and I need to find her recipe.
* Go for family walks or bike rides after dinner. Even just one lap around the block would be nice.
* Dine al fresco as much as possible. I'm on the hunt for our perfect back yard dining table. We've nailed down our picnic protocol so even if we don't find a table, we'll be happy as clams on a blanket.
* Luxuriate in the crisp waters of the Atlantic Ocean. I cannot wait to get to the Cape.
* Play croquet on our front lawn and grill in our backyard with friends and family.
* Pick blueberries, just as I did with my grandfather during Massachusetts Summers.
* Master a new seasonal cocktail. I've been "researching" candidates.
* At long last, watch a movie at a drive-in theater. I know just the spot where I want my first time to take place...
What's on your must-do list this Summer?