You spent time and money for this season's perfect swimsuit. Take care of it. Here's how:
* Rinse the salt or chlorine off before you soak your suit. I like to wear mine for the first minute in the shower for a proper rinse. It's much easier to remove the sand and seaweed that way.
* Give the soapy water a swirl to fully blend and to get the suds going then add your suit. Gently hand wash for no less than 5 minutes. I like a nice figure eight swirling motion.
* Empty the basin of soapy water and run cool water over your suit until suds are gone.
* Blot (NEVER wring or twist) with a clean towel then allow to air dry inside or in the shade on a drying rack (hanging from a line can cause stretching).
* If I can't break you from washing your swimsuit in the machine, at least put it in a protective mesh laundry bag and NEVER, EVER put it in the dryer.