This month's to-do's...
* Swap your bright or beachy tote for a structured bag or day clutch in a rich fall hue like navy or mustard. Perhaps the 3.1 Philip Lim collection for Target has what you seek.
* Summer wreaks havoc on skin and hair. Get funky with exfoliation (manual or chemical - I dig both) to fight all that pesky sun damage. Deep condition tresses with a nourishing mask. Repeat this process weekly for the rest. of. your. life.
* Bracelets and necklaces have reigned supreme the last few seasons so it's time for your earrings to have a moment. Bring yours out of hiding or pick up a new statement pair to switch things up. This lovely pair is temporarily part of my "Mumma Off Duty" collection - pieces I can only wear when my kids are being monitored by another adult. Babies are quite grabby...and slobbery.
* Remove the last dregs of neon nail polish and go for a ladylike lacquer in nudes and chocolates. Embellish a nail or two with metallic foil or tiny studs.
* Embrace the Back to School spirit, even if you won't be cracking a textbook this year. A new notebook, tablet stylus or lunch bag will surely make you more productive at work.