NWS loves watching movies...especially with family and friends. Upgrade your normal movie routine and host a movie party!
* Keep it intimate and cozy in your living room or take it outdoors to accommodate a larger crowd by using a large white sheet and a DVD projector (you can rent locally instead of buying). Provide large picnic blankets and folding chairs or even some inflatable mattresses or couches so your guests have options if outdoors. If indoors, place large floor cushions around and bring in extra seats (move out non essential tables, etc for more room).
* Serve easy to eat finger foods rather than dealing with silverware. Provide TV tables and divided melamine plates. Keep the beverages simple by chilling bottles of beer in an ice filled tub, pitchers of water with lemon, strawberries or cucumber and a festive punch (feel free to spike it but be sure to have kid safe options too if it's a family affair).
* Set up a popcorn bar with sweet and salty varieties of popcorn along with salt, melted butter, cayenne pepper powder and classic boxed movie candies to mix in. Provide paper popcorn bags for each guest.
* When you see images from a movie premiere of the celebs walking the red carpet they are working the "step and repeat", posing for pictures and answering questions over and over again. Set up your own mini "step and repeat" by rolling out a red carpet (or bath mat) and hanging a banner with a fun title for your party. When your guests arrive snap a pic of them in front of your banner then post within your Facebook photo albums with the same title as your party for all your guests to enjoy later. Ask your guests standard red carpet style questions tailored to your crowd or the theme of the movie and post their answers as comments with the pictures.
* Ask your guests to dress up as characters from the film or inspired by the theme...or keep it casual and comfy and have them come in pajama's and slippers.
* Before the movie starts play a few shorts or cartoons or even a few vintage news reels for fun.
* For festive decor go to your local party supply stores for movie themed gold star confetti, banners, invites, napkins and balloons.