...try a pair of Over the Knee boots this winter? OTK boots can be tricky to wear but here are some basic rules of thumb (ugh, I loathe that term) to keep the look chic, not cheap:
* a flat sole or low heel is always less slutty than spindly stilettos.
* stay far away from patent leather...I love Pretty Woman just as much as the next chick but that doesn't mean Viv's cheap looking, shiny boots are stylish.
* cognac leather or black suede tends to look more refined than black leather.
* a fold down style means you can go OTK when you're feeling sassy but UTK when you're feeling less so.
* a more streamlined look is generally best...lots of buckles, rivets, straps or ruching is just too much for these tall suckers.
I really like these OTK boots by FRYE thanks to the subtle and casual Western details and low heel. For a cozy Autumn look, wear with leggings and a chunky, oversized sweater.