Well, it seems I can't get these posts up at the beginning of the month. Regardless, here it is. I know you've been waiting with bated breath.
* We've just put up our first live tannenbaum at Chez Fox and the scent is amazing and sooo festive. To keep the fresh scent of pine flowing around the house, I'm using Mrs. Meyer's holiday collection in Iowa Pine to clean surfaces and hands. That Mrs. Meyer's is kind of killing it this season.
* We had a family photo sesh in front of a steam engine we're all in love with. Steam locomotive No. 765 has been central to our relocation experience and we couldn't ask for a better backdrop for our family's annual pic.
* If you know me at all, you know I love cranial accessories. Headbands, bows, bands, ribbons and poufs are some of my fav-o-rite adornments. Here's a quick little festive DIY for yo ass. Use a basic hair clip or bobby pin to affix a classic gift wrapping bow to your 'do. Real fabric ribbon works and looks better than cheap satin ribbon. It's silly and fun - just the way I like it.
* I've brought my Chanel shield sunnies out of retirement. While they're only from the early aughts, they really make me think of skiing in the 1980's. And I'm totally into that vibe right now. I for realz just bought a pair of puffy moon boots.
* I finally read Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple (in less than 24 hours) so I'm now reading her first novel, This One Is Mine. The best line so far (I'm not done yet) perfectly captures my life right now: These days, there were two kinds of Rice Krispies, those waiting to be stepped on and those that already had been. Change out Rice Krispies for Cheerios and that's Chez Fox in a nutshell. Which leads me to the point of this last bullet: I am doing my best to live in the now (I know that sounds cliche -- I cringed when I wrote it). A few weeks ago, my husb and I were debating between two couches. One offered tons of space that would fit all four of us at once but was a tad plain. The other was smaller but looked really f^ck!ng cool. It was a classic form vs. function conundrum. We typically opt for form, thinking of the long term. But this time, function won and it made me so happy. These days of raising babies will be over before I know it. I want maximum snuggle time while I can get it and I want the couch that will provide that for us, right now, in this moment. My really f^ck!ng cool couch can wait until my house is free of crushed Cheerio's.