I rawwwther enjoy New York Fashion Week, albeit from afar. Thanks to the internets, most shows are now live streamed via multiple channels online. While Fashion Week is jammed with loads of designers, looks, front row celebs and emerging trends, I always like to pick my personal faves. Whether or not these trends or pieces end up in stores is an entirely different story...
In no particular order:
* I have always loved long leather gloves because they make me feel way more glam than I am. A ton of designers showed them in all colors for next Fall. Thankfully, I already own quite a few pairs so I'm all set. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why long leather gloves would ever be out of style...
* While fur was flying on the runways, I like Marc Jacobs' take the best. A fur collar or cape (faux or real) will certainly take outerwear up a notch.
* I loved the banded heels at Michael Kors ...espesh the orange ones and ESPESH with camo!
* I am a J. Crew girl through and through so it's no surprise that I am in love with them season after season. While there are always so many pieces I adore, it's the styling that gets me. The mixing and matching is not something I'm naturally good at so I admire the cool pairings the J. Crew team comes up with. I especially dig an over sized, orange clutch that I. MUST. HAVE.
* I come from a family with a strong military background so I have an affinity for olive drab and navy blue (my paternal side is Army, my maternal side is Navy - no wonder my parents divorced). Prabal Garung showed lots of military-esque colors and silhouettes. The trick here is to keep your Army-Navy surplus gear from becoming too literal or costume-y...feminine embellishments are key! Just like the long leather glove trend, the military look isn't something I'll need to spend much money on to achieve thanks to my lifelong love for the look.